Who's got what to do for 2012?

thescrapman wrote:
New prop fitted Sunday, but couldn't test it until this morning as i was waiting for the new windscreen to be fitted.

Noise on the overun now all gone, and new prop seems to be nicely in balance.

But....... New windscreen leaks like a sieve at 60. I was getting wet everytime I washed the windows. Grrrrrrrrrr...

Urgent phone call to be made when I get to work.

Annoyed

Colin

That's very worrying ... I've just had the screen replaced but had no chance to test it yet (car still on axle stands and it's not really rained anyway since).  Do you know if it's the seal or a problem with the screen / surround?

Mark

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a combination of new seal that is "oh-so-slightly the wrong shape", slightly thinner new laminated screen and insufficient sealant.

I suspect if I didn't have the stainless trim fitted wit would not leak as much, but the trim holds the seal away fron the screen very slightly in the corners and that is not helping.

It does leak much at all when stationary, just at speed when the wind blows it round the seal.

Cheers

Colin

thescrapman wrote:
I think it is a combination of new seal that is "oh-so-slightly the wrong shape", slightly thinner new laminated screen and insufficient sealant.

I had the same problems with Chris Allen's screen and mine. Fixed on mine, and I hope on Chris's with traditional old windscreen sealant, pumped in under the rubber between glass and screen. Did use 1/2 a tube of industrial size sealant on each !

Just when I thought I was nearly ready the cars developed a splutter at around 4500rpm getting worse above 5000rpm. It has no problem at full throttle right up until the 4500 mark then it starts to misfire/splutter. I'm thinking it might be electrical what do we reckon?
Obviously I'll be able to do the event below these revs but it may curb some of my overtaking!!
Cheers,
Floyd.

Decided to take the car to work today as a final test (well a test of the loaned PRV) and due to a lorry load of onions not being on the lorry anymore, the Orwell Bridge was shut, so I got stuck in the hour long queue through the docks in ipswich.

And I started to loose cylinders, as i did going to LeMans earlier this year. Sounded like I had possie of cowboys chasing me letting off shotguns.. :-)

Excellent I thought, I can prove this quickly, so whipped the bonnet up and moved the wires over to the ready positioned spare coil I had prepared earlier in the year.

Then the electronic ignition caught fire.

Arse!

Seems the repl. coil was duff, despite metering out OK.

Quick (ish) change to points and I am ready for the trip home.....

Timing is way out though so it may be a slow and gutless drive home... :-(

Annoyed

Colin

Went to the local Morrisons near work at lunchtime to stock up on RBRR energy drinks and snacks.

I was very disappointed to find that they hardly had any bottles of my favoured energy drink (Orange Lucozade left), only 3 bottles in the entire store so I cleared them out.

Wonder if they have had a run on energy drink sales due to RBBRR team purchases over the last couple of days  ;D

Good news is they had plenty of pasties and pies so the snack bit is sorted  ;)