Who's got what to do for 2012?

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ajp wrote:
not to everyone's taste -including mine! but fitted modern areo wipers to the spit today after the success of them on the TAXI RBR 10 -they work sooo much better than the standard "classic" blades -Alex you will vouch for that after driving the Taxi in the rain alot! :) in 2010

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Front-Aero-Flat-Beam-Upgrade-Windscreen-Wiper-Blades-11-11-/270878200262?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_1428wt_952

I've considered buying them, but how do they fit?

the valeo ones come with adaptors (I couldn't find valeo in 11" - the Taxi is 14" )in the box -so do some bosh ones I had a box full of adapters as I never throw stuff out  these are for "hook" arms keep the plastic adapter from your old ones take the hook adapter off these ones and fit yours straight on - I think ours are H1 fittings?

darrenspitty wrote:
Just finished fitting some ICE in the 2500 saloon. Found some retro look parcel shelf speakers on Flea bay. Nice new head unit too. I dont usually listen to the stereo in my Triumphs. But I think the constant boom of the exhaust might put me to sleep so now I can break it up with some Led Zepplin

If I can get my Spice Girls collection back off Radders I'll bring it along.

New engine in..not fired up yet   small list of things still to do
refit rad .
sort out leak on carbs
change diff
make and fit throttle pedal plate ,cable
sort exhaust
and a few other minor little things
oh and work out the jigsaw od linkages for the su carbs...anyone got as pic handy?

damn  -  been out in the Stag this afternoon for a final shakedown, got home, reversed into the garage, pulled down the roller door and knocked off a front rubber overrider - grrrrr, so its out with the evo stick and masking tape. It'll probably drop off on the RBRR, or even on the way to the Plough, still it'll spur me on to replace the other tatty one as well! :-/

Replacement axle is in and brakes bled this afternoon. New VC went on yesterday and I put a fresh bead of sealant around the top of the windscreen. Spare electric pump is fitted with the correct connectors and ready to go in. Might leave it at that as it's only a 5 minute job to swap it out and the one on the car hasn't given any more trouble.

Now it's on to the rest of the ordinary servicing and checks that I haven't already done while fixing other things.

Road test tonight to check that the axle is OK (fingers-crossed !) and headlamp aim correct.

Spares and tools on the list I sent to Rob are already in the boot. Last thing will be a quick wash, Rainex the windows and fit the stickers.