Who is entering the 10CR this coming November?

Will probably be to early for the FHC to be finished, so will do it in the DHC again  8)

7263 wrote:
Ooops! I shouldn't have sign one in the middle of the night at Grenoble citadelle.... ;)

Didn't see anyone there but some youths who were hanging around there ::)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9598 wrote:
Can anyone advise? Would flipping love this in my life. Son is 18 and struggled to get sensible insurance for everyday named driver on the spitfire. What are chances of getting insurance just for the event?

How long is the run?

What is average cost of particpation, fees, fuel, accomodation etc...

What is the schedule?

What else does a newbie norvern munkee need to know before signing up? :)

a. doubtful as its covering 9/10 countries
b.4,000 km
c entry fee+ fuel (miles per gallon div into 4,000 + two nights hotel and food + basic spending for 5 days
d will be announced in the next mag
e.how to drive and co drive such distances ,mountain passes etc

beans wrote:
Will probably be to early for the FHC to be finished, so will do it in the DHC again  8)

Didn't see anyone there but some youths who were hanging around there ::)

So did I! Just one car the crew told me the meeting place was in a supermarket carpark. I went there to meet a few other ones before they take their short rest.

I will be entering as co-driver in Howard Pryor's increasingly nice TR4, always assuming he can resist preparing it to concours standard by next September! It's about time I got the chance to cane someone else's car. It will be a pity to break my run of six 10CR completions (if you count the inaugural 2003 event as a 10CR) in the same car but I have nothing to prove and suspect it could be some time before that record is broken. Anyway we always have the 4A as back up if needed.

Tim

Nick_Jones wrote:
Senior son would probably also be keen, though I doubt the insurance folks will play ball on that.

Nick

One of the features of the old TRR insurance scheme was that youngsters were allowed to drive the cars if the parent was also in the car.

Towergate who ran the scheme now own Footman James, so may be worth talking to them. They may also still be running the old TRR scheme.

Cheers

Colin

thescrapman wrote:

Nick

One of the features of the old TRR insurance scheme was that youngsters were allowed to drive the cars if the parent was also in the car.

Towergate who ran the scheme now own Footman James, so may be worth talking to them. They may also still be running the old TRR scheme.

Cheers

Nick

Colin

Thanks for that Colin.  I did specifically ask about that when I rang the current insurers (RH) before  - no dice with them, though they did say that >18 and 1 years driving experience (both of which will be true by then) would open up the possibilities.

My plan is again to come over to Rolduc like i did last year with Shaun (Sheepy).
But now/then i'm coming with the Spitfire and maybe some other Triumphs from people i know !

Was a great day/evening, seeing several drive around Spa and try to follow a green TR7  ::) .. and we just couldn't keep up with !   >:(