• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quoted from thescrapman

Dirk

If you do it in a pre-war car we will build a monument to you somewhere.

We will build it at the point on the run where you realised it was a bloody stupid idea.

😀
I know, still.....

The hill out of Badgers holt was epic enough also. Ask those who followed us with their smoke hoods donned! 😀

Quoted from richard w
Yes I'll need tilting seats, I assumed the MX5 seats tilted. I'll probably end up touring some scrapyards.

My 'black' Alpha ones fit very nicely, have all sort of adjustment, and are very comfortable.  Gordon needed a close to the wheel position and I needed to be as far back as possible which these seats coped with fine.

Mind you my seats do not have the annoying logo which is nice.

MUT

Quoted from timbancroft61
Umm, well.............................

Apart from sort the GT6s engine out and get the sills done on the Saloon.?

Get the team together and organise the next RBRR!

50th Anniversary, blimey!

hmm. 50th Anniversary, well worth looking forward to 2016, now which car Saloon or GT6   Saloon is so comfy and reliable, but I feel like a change of car for 2016

Quoted from Alex
.......might build my new car in time for 2016....... Failing that I could do it for when I'm 50 instead.
I've got ages then......

Great - rub it in youngster!!!

Knowing you Alex, despite it being a huge project, you'll have that Herald ready in plenty of time for 2016....  

Quoted from Spitfire2500
I'm saying nothing. What I need to do for 2016 is exactly what I had intended to do for 2014

That was simply down to bad luck Bill - fingers crossed for an improvement in that over the next year and a bit.  

I didn't manage to get the backup car prep'd either and haven't any excuse other than conflicting demands, but hey-ho onwards and upwards - we will be there on the run in 2016 (although marshalling was great fun again this year).

Loving the discussion about comfier seats - I'll need to improve on the inverted beer crate that you sit on to drive mine right now!!   😀

Quoted from Glenn
but hey-ho onwards and upwards - we will be there on the run in 2016 (although marshalling was great fun again this year).

Something rather odd happened this week - I added the Saloon back onto the insurance   Somewhat premature it has to be said A sign I think that something deep down in my psyche is doing its best to get me going again

Really enjoyed the day at Conon Bridge. First time I've signed the road books and I had no idea - to use mikeyb's words from another thread - how manic it can be.