Who's got what to do for 2012?

the weekend didn't go to plan. Got some jobs done on the car but its not running very well at all once it warms up. Starts missing, spluttering and back fireing. But cold it runs perfectly.  :( :'(

I was thinking possible fueling problem. I've fitted new fuel pump and good 2nd hand carb to manifold mounts.

Anyone any ideas?

going to change points and condenser next as I have some, but not expecting them to make it any better  :-/ :(

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

engine still running very poorly when warm/hot. :(

But other jobs have been more succesful.
Headlights now go up and down as they are supposed to.  :)
Drivers seat is out and base stripped ready for frame repair and replacement foam.
Friendly MOT man has been and had a look to see if there is any welding work to do, thers's not other than what I already knew about.  :)

So things are progressing at last  :) 8) :) 8)

Gertie's engine still not back, so work continues on the back up car. Four wheel alignment and tracking done today to try and resolve the pulling to the left.

New UJ's fitted on the inner rear driveshafts today, but a few other jobs left to do.

Possible gearbox change. (very very notchy gearchange when warm-any ideas anyone? :-/)
Windscreen wipers
Oil Pressure gauge
Front wheel bearings
Make some kind of tailgate seal so I don't poison the person in the back. ;D

Well I have finally managed to make a start!! Got the cylinder head over to machine shop for unleaded conversion. Making a shopping list of engine parts required for bottom end rebuild. New injectors are on the shopping list aswell. BWK now under cover and cleaned up. Hopefully be rebuilding engine next week so can get engine and box back in as soon as possible. Hopefully won't use so much oil this time round!! Need to get it up and running by end of month to get some shakedown miles on the old girl. Needs an MOT aswell and plenty of other minor jobs but hopefully will get there!! Better keep an eye out for any cheap back up cars on ebay though!!! Back up plan so far is my TVR. Does use Triumph steering U/J and TR7 switchgear so there is a link however tenuous it may be!!                                    

Passed the MOT on Friday with an advisory that there's a very small amount of play in the steering rack arms. Other than that, fine. Then, when I was leaving the test station it coughed, spluttered and almost cut out. It's still an utter pig to start after being left for more than a couple of days but once running it's fine. Running out of ideas at the moment. It used to start first turn of the key no matter what but hasn't been right since all the problems on the 10CR.

• 2 weeks later...

32valves wrote:
Passed the MOT on Friday with an advisory that there's a very small amount of play in the steering rack arms. Other than that, fine. Then, when I was leaving the test station it coughed, spluttered and almost cut out. It's still an utter pig to start after being left for more than a couple of days but once running it's fine. Running out of ideas at the moment. It used to start first turn of the key no matter what but hasn't been right since all the problems on the 10CR.

Ignition switch?

Nick

Adjust the new Cibie outer lights, fit the new Marchal inners, new front wheel bearings and a general check over. MOT (runs out sept 5th), after a welding repair to the handbrake/floor where it's cracked which is a common big saloon problem.
Not going to fit the EFI kit before the RBRR, a few people have said they think with the estate running well as it is now I could be tempting fate rushing the install and adjusting it all in time. Not a lot of point in creating potential problems I guess.

Colin.